What you’ll need:
– 400 g beef rump steak
For the mustard butter…
– 125 g butter, cubed
– 2 tbsp hot English mustard
– 1½ tbsp parsley, finely chopped
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 2 tsp salt
How to make them
1. Combine all the ingredients for the mustard butter.
2. Roll the result into a cylinder, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate.
3. Place a soaked braai plank on the open flames.
4. When the plank starts to smoke, place the rump on it and brown on both sides.
5. Place a knob of mustard butter on each steak and allow these to melt slightly.
6. Serve hot.
7. Season with salt and pepper as desired.