What you’ll need:
For the mielie salad…
– 4 mielies
– 4 slices bacon, diced
– 4 tbsp. butter, melted
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 100 g fine green beans
– 1 yellow pepper, diced
– 100 g mushrooms, sliced
– 100 g baby tomatoes, whole
– Garlic-and-herb seasoning, to taste
For the basil pesto dressing…
– 250 g basil pesto
– ½ lemon, juiced
– 2-3 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
How to make them
1. Cook the mielies in boiling salted water for 7 minutes, or until just tender.
2. Drain, then brush with half the butter, and season with garlic-and-herb seasoning.
3. Braai for 5 minutes until cooked and charred.
4. Leave whole or cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
5. Heat the remaining butter in a skillet and sauté the garlic.
6. Cook the diced bacon in the same skillet.
7. Braai the green beans, chopped pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes in tinfoil to the desired doneness. (Approximately 5 minutes).
8. Mix with the corn and bacon, and arrange on a platter with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle the basil pesto dressing over just before serving.