What is the Draai Braai and how do you use it?
The word ‘draai’ is the Afrikaans translation for ‘turn’, and the Draai Braai is an ingenious circular outdoor grid which is designed to easily keep your meat from burning.
Most conventional Webers and braai grids can only be set to a single height which is probably determined by the bricks you found, however, with the Draai Braai, you can quickly and easily control the height of the grid to provide the optimum heat for your chicken or wors. It really is a camping must-have, no matter whether you’re a tong-trainee or the ultimate braai master!
Let’s be honest; it’s not that easy to cook braai broodjies after you’ve seared your medium rare steaks right? What if all you had to do was rotate the grid a few turns to heighten (or lower) the cooking surface to ensure perfectly prepared vegetables, chicken, or roosterkoek? It’s so simple and easy that we can’t figure out why this has only been advertised now!
Stand out features:
- The outstanding, portable Draai Braai has a circular grid which screws onto its tripod stand,
- Turning the grid clockwise adjusts the height downwards while anticlockwise rotations will raise the grid height,
- Uninterrupted and precise heat control made easy,
- Made of only three parts, the Draai Braai is easy to store, assemble and carry,
- Ideal for open fires and can be used anywhere,
- Manufactured from 100% stainless steel,
- Grid diameter of 54cm. Maximum height setting of 25cm.