Monateng is a Sotho word meaning “Place of Joy”, and we truly hope that the meaning will resonate with you throughout your stay. Monateng Caravan Park plays host to 50 classic non-allocated camping spots, 24 luxury spaces and 1 (for now) luxury tent. All camping sites are equipped with electricity points, water taps and a limited amount of portable braais are available. The ablution blocks are well maintained and are equipped with multiple baths, showers and toilets (and a BONUS ladies – plug points for hair maintenance!)
Situated on a wonderful bushveld property located a mere 30 minutes from Zambezi drive in Pretoria, Monateng Caravan Park is a hidden gem close to home.
With beautiful natural surroundings, plant and wildlife, you will feel as though you are entering another world where the city is but a distant memory.
From classic camp sites where being one with nature is the only necessary activity, to something a bit less “roughing it” for the glamping enthusiast among you. We offer a variety of camping options, something to suit the needs of all seasoned and less-seasoned campers out there.
Beautifully maintained, spacious camp sites that operate on a first come first served basis. There are 50 non allocated camping spots with gorgeous bushveld backdrops waiting to be enjoyed as your home away from home. Find a shady spot under a tree, pitch your tent or park your caravan and start your journey with us.
For those of you who are not quite sold on the “roughing it” aspect of camping yet, our 24 luxury camp sites offer the best of both worlds. Enjoy the camping experience with a few camping “cheats” like your own private bathroom, kitchen and built-in braai. Indulge in the beauty of the surrounding bushveld and the feeling of being in nature, but with a few added splashes of luxury to make your stay with us absolutely unforgettable.
To ensure that you stay with us is more than memorable; our luxury camping sites offer various facilities to make your life a whole lot easier, apart from your own private bathroom, kitchen and built-in braai, other facilities and services include:
- Daily cleaning service
- Fridge / freezer
- Washing basin
- *BONUS* – staff available to help pitch tents!
- Maximum 6 people per stand (this includes children and infants)
Guests need to bring their own cutlery and crockery
For the avid “glampers” among you we have a special romantic getaway option. Combining the look and feel of camping with a super glamourous twist! This beautifully equipped tent structure is perfect for a romantic escape into the wilderness… but not too much wilderness. Isolated and surrounded by beautiful bushveld views, it is the ideal way to spend a romantic weekend with your loved one.
This beautiful camping/luxury hybrid comes fully equipped with everything you need, and as always just that little bit extra. In your Luxury tent you will find:
- Table & chairs
- Queen size bed
- Weber braai
- Fridge / freezer
- Bathroom with shower
- Built-in cupboards
With all the essentials taken care of, you can relax and simply enjoy the natural surroundings. Spoil yourself and your special someone with an unforgettable romantic getaway.
As part of our mission to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we offer a variety of facilities and activities to keep you (and the kids!) entertained.
Our on-site activities include:
- Game & Bird Drives – Jump on a game drive vehicle for a guided tour through the beautiful Monateng game reserve
- Crocodile Breeding Farm Tours – Educational guided tours on the crocodile breeding farm
- Tennis Court – Fenced hard court available for those Wimbledon wanabees
- Garden Games – From Chess to Jukskei, we offer garden games suitable for the whole family
- Games Room – Air hockey, Table Tennis, Arcade Games and Board Games – entertainment for those not-so-sunny days
- Volleyball – Feeling active and sporty? Our volleyball court is the perfect solution
- Mini-Golf – Practice those hole-in-one skills on our beautiful mini-golf course
- Trampolines – jump and bounce just for fun or practice those backflips on our trampolines
- Super Tube – For the more adventurous visitors our super tube will definitely not disappoint
- Kiddies Play Area – Parents, sit back and relax while the kids entertain themselves in the play area
Our on-site activities include:
- Swimming Pools – 2 full sized beautifully maintained swimming pools and 2 splash pools for the kiddies.
- Bar – Need a break? Pop in and have a drink at the bar
- Restaurant – A variety of home-made delicious dishes to choose from
- Kiosk – For those oh-so-yummy between meal snacks (and ice cream!)
- Communal Braai Area – Available for any time use as well as big communal braai hosted every Tuesday
- Credit Card Facilities – No Cash? No Worries!
- Wi-Fi at Bar – Need to check your emails? Pop over to the bar, get a drink and use the wifi
- 24h Security – Your safety is our number one priority and with 24 hour security patrol and electric fencing around the entire property, you will never feel unsafe.
– Hover on an icon for title or view our resort icon key here