Gonjah Chalet, campsite and 4×4 route is set amongst lush indigenous forest just 9km north of Patensie in the delightful Gamtoos River Valley, known as the Eastern Gateway to the Baviaanskloof. With idyllic rural surroundings, Gonjah Chalet and Campsite offer the perfect accommodation choice for anyone looking to get ‘back to nature’ in this stunning region of South Africa.
Nearest Town: Oudtshoom
Surrounded by colorful woodland, mountain streams, undulating hills and valleys and native wildlife, the rustic accommodation at Gonjah chalet and campsite will provide you with a real break from the trials and tribulations of everyday life and will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated after spending a few days away from it all. With no television to distract, you can experience the simple life and enjoy the only distractions you’ll find – the stars and the braai fire!
Gonjah is also home to two excellent 4×4 routes that take you on an adventure through the glorious Gamtoos Valley countryside where you stand a good chance of spotting a variety of South African wildlife including Nyala, Bushbuck and the elusive Knysna Loerie to name a few, you may even spot a Gonjah after which the accommodation has been named – Gonjah is the indigenous word for grasshopper.
– Excellent hiking is available around the chalet and in the area.
– Fresh water fishing nearby in the Gamtoos River.
– Cycling Trails are close by.
– Hankey golf course is just 15km away.
– Firewood can be bought for braais and campfires.
– 10 minute drive to Tolbos Country Shop and Restaurant.
– Hover on an icon for title or view our resort icon key here