Subscribe

WHAT SIZE GARAGE SHOULD I BUILD?

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Cheryl Kortman
    Participant

I have a Blue Series Raven, and would like to build a garage for it. I would very much appreciate it if you tell me how big this garage should be. I would need the length, the width (I need to be able to move around the caravan and open the door) and height.

• Profile Photo
    Godfrey
    Godfrey on

It all depends on what space there is to build a garage. I have four garages at home and there is still not enough space!

The minimum I would go for is a metre bigger than the caravan on all four sides; 2 m is even better, especially if one is not good at reversing!

Not sure what type of garage door you will use; some require a front wall with a narrower section for the garage door. In this case, go for the 2m either side of the caravan. For the roof… again you might have to allow for the type of garage door, and whether it has a door jamb or not. A roll-up door has no door jamb, so add between 20 and 30 cm to your caravan height to clear the pop-top roof.

Once you have the caravan nicely positioned inside the garage for the first time, put bricks behind the wheels, so that the next time you park the caravan you will encounter this resistance rather than the back of the caravan pressing against the wall!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.