Subscribe
Register | Log in

Water Heater

Return to: DIY Projects

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    ShambaParticipant

I have a Merc Sprinter I converted to a camper, I need info on fitting a water heater for a shower and for the basin. What I need to know if there are Gas/220/12V small enough and how do I go about fitting a heater and where to get one?

• Profile Photo
    imported_Carav
    imported_Carav on

Hi Shamba,

We contacted Motorhome-World with your query. This is their response.

“Motorhome-World uses a 19ltr Hansen geyser throughout our models, it is a locally manufactured geyser, specifically for leisure use. The unit heats by means of 220v or LPG. 12volt is not considered for efficiently heating water.
    With the 220v/LPG unit you will need to make a hole in the camper / motorhome walls as to vent to excess heat and burnt gasses outside. Should you not wish to make any hole, there is also a 220v only unit available.
    Recommended (as per supplier) with this geyser is a 12volt pressure water pump with max. pressure 1.8bar and a water pressure expansion tank to stabilize any fluctuations in pressure.
    you can view / buy the unit online at http://www.parasolsa.co.za or visit any of our branches to do the same. Price R6,200 incl vat for the dual 220v/LPG geyser.”

Hope this helps :)
    The CaravanSA team

Profile Photo
    SEL1
    SEL1 on

I have Eco geysers which are perfect for Caravans. Environmentally friendly, contains no element, unique induction heating technology, reaches temperatures of up to 50′ Celsius, energy efficient water heating solution. Retails R4500

Does not operate with Gas!!!

selvan@benben.co.za

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader