Subscribe

Tinycamper

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Tinyhutcamper

Anyone had a large bespoke trailer made for a project. I have a project I would like to start in the near future, but I would need a bespoke trailer made. I have been told that before the trailer can be built they need to know the weight of the camper that is to be fitted to the trailer. Unfortunately Because it isn’t built yet how the hell would I know. Appreciate and help or info regarding this subject

• Profile Photo
    Clarence
    Clarence on

If this is seriously a project the first thing that you have to do is a drawing…an accurate one at that. Decide on construction materials, fittings, tents and other ‘nice-to-have’s and from this you will get a very good idea of the weight of the box. The Chassis follows what you want to achieve with the box and the Axle is matched to carry everything that I have just mentioned then add the weight of spare wheel, water tank, food, beer and so forth. If you don’t do it this way you could end up with something that is either over- or underdesigned. Underdesigned implies that there are design flaws and weaknesses in the structure and overdesigned would mean that you have a thing that works but could be dragging many kilograms of unnecessary weight behind your vehicle.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)