Subscribe
Register | Log in

Time for an off-road adventure

• duPlessisLA
    duPlessisLA on

I turn fifty next year, and although I have always done things a bit back-to-front, I don’t regret any of it. Now, as my 50th looms and my kids are all grown-up, self supporting individuals, I am still young enough to start an adventure.

And what an adventure my partner, Oscar, and I have planned for 2017! We start the year with a week’s trip to Ponta do Ouro in Mozambique, when we hope the masses will have left to get back to the grindstone and we can relax and enjoy some sand, sea and sun in an old favourite spot.

Then it’s off to Andorra for a month (my birthday present to myself) where I will ski, and Oscar will snowboard. That’s the best way to get fit, have a blast and enjoy the company of old friends. After that, I will pop off to the U.K. to see my eldest and his family for a bit, leaving Oscar and his son to enjoy some father/son bonding time.

Once home from Andorra, I will be celebrating turning 50 with friends before packing our off-road trailer, hooking it to the Smurf (blue FJ Cruiser) and heading off into Southern Africa (Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Rwanda and Mozambique) for about seven months.

Definitely on the road less travelled. We have done an off-road course and are amazed at what the Smurf can handle. We have both seen a lot of the rest of the world, but not much of our own beautiful continent. Africa, here we come; lots to see and experience.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.