Subscribe
Register | Log in

The Hoefer Hype is gone

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Potti PotgieterParticipant

After all the hype about the American Hoeffer Group coming to Africa with their revolutionary ultra-light technology, I cannot voice my disappointment strong enough on seeing what took them two years to build. Really, is this the best they could come up with? And look at the price!

The website says “American engineered, a new class of luxury and affordability”.

Who are they kidding, it’s drop dead ugly and the bed looks like its supported on a pine box.

• Profile Photo
    Godfrey
    Godfrey on

I was once told that if we humans all had the same taste we would all be eating Kellogg’s cornflakes for breakfast and driving Volkswagen Beetle’s!

The Hoefer caravan is aimed at those people who couldn’t be bothered to get an EB towing licence and/or who own a very small car.

So this SuperLite Special windscreen model is something different, to have a GVM of 575kg and body dimensions of 4.94m x 2.28m x 2.54m (LxWxH) it is light and while it offers run flat tyres and a premium gel full size mattress and spare tyre – all in the base weight – it does not include standard items such as a fridge or stove. One would add a braai or skottel braai for cooking and a Snowmaster portable fridge/freezer for keeping things cold. It’s caravanining at entry level!

One must remember however that when towing an unbraked trailer or caravan (Hoefer is braked) that the towing vehicle’s GVM must be more than twice that of what it is towing.

Profile Photo
    Clarence
    Clarence on

I’m with Potti Potgieter on this one.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader