Sprite Swift 83 model refurb.

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    John BennParticipant

Hi guys, I am a pensioned coach(SAR&H) and bus builder(Busaf), bought our Sprite 15 years ago and having not used it enough it developed a bad rot problem and a very bad ant problem. I removed the exterior rear panels as well as the interior panels which were rotten, rebuilt the pine structure adding a bit of extra reinforcing for rigidity. The floor was also rotten around the rear as well as
    the rear metal cross member(rusted away in places). I have welded patches into the cross member and patched the floor and repaneled inside and out. I am presently busy on the front and right hand side roof which had sagged by 15mm, creating a dam when it rained. On removing the dome and side roof panels, I discovered where my ant problem was coming from, there were huge ant nests in these panels , front and side, lying on the ceiling boards, the boards had rotted where the nests were. There was probably a leak in these areas as well.
    I would like to get some of the original veneer used for the upper cupboards for finishing off the interior…any ideas guys?

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.