Subscribe

Revamping Caravan

Return to: DIY Projects

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Trudie van der Westhuizen
    Participant

Good day
    We have a Gypsey Regal 1994 and would like to revamp it inside. What kind of wood can we use for the cupboard and cupboard doors?
    Thank you

• Profile Photo
    Ryno Gous
    Ryno Gous on

Hi Trudie

I redone my Sprite Splash and used 12mm super wood that was shrink wrap in the colour and texture of my choice.

Profile Photo
    Clarence
    Clarence on

The material that is possibly best would be  Lightweight plywood. You don’t want to increase the weight of your caravan by using anything heavier than what you currently have because of the ramifications viz. axle rating and reduced carrying capacity.

Also note that normal plywood is cheapest followed by marine ply then the lightweights but the cost difference is not huge however the (weight and longevity) benefits are substantial.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)