Subscribe
Register | Log in

I need a rear view camera

Return to: Campfire Chat

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Clive HusbandParticipant

I am looking for a camera that i can fit on the back of my caravan and see from inside my tow vehicle – does anyone have any recommendations? I tow with a Prado and when i have the caravan mirror attached and a large truck passes from opposite direction my mirror folds closed!! Thanks Clive

• Profile Photo
    Clive Husband
    Clive Husband on

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

I will follow-up with Campworld in PE.

Kind regards

Clive

Profile Photo
    Henry Cooper
    Henry Cooper on

Hi Clive, there is a company Purple SA in Pretoria that supplied my camera/rear view mirror mounting monitor. You can buy from them and have a local auto electrician to install the unit.
    Would you like a contact email?
    Best Regards, Ray

Profile Photo
    Henry Cooper
    Henry Cooper on

Clive, check their website! Price is around R4,300.00. I fitted the cable on the caravan myself but had an auto electrician fixing the harness to the car. Best Regards, Ray

Profile Photo
    Clive Husband
    Clive Husband on

Thanks Ray – Happy Camper gave me a contact for Purple Line in PTA earlier and i will go this route.

kind regards

Clive

Profile Photo
    Geert De Jong
    Geert De Jong on

Ek het n kleur 7duim monitor wat aan spueel clip en kamera gekoop vjr onder R550 via Banggood. Werk 100%

Profile Photo
    Clive Husband
    Clive Husband on

thanks for feedback!

Profile Photo
    Owen Ball
    Owen Ball on

Contact PURPLE in Pretoria for a very  professional service at your place of residence Cameras one on the back of the car and the other on the back of the caravan including many other interesting caravan accessories

cheers Owen Ball

Profile Photo
    Clive Husband
    Clive Husband on

Thanks Owen my problem is I live in Jeffreys Bay and they only do installations in Gauteng.

Regards

Clive

Profile Photo
    Rhett Niklaus
    Rhett Niklaus on

Good morning.,

hope you well and had a good weekend.

Do you install cameras on a caravan as I am looking for someone to install properly.

Many thanks Rhett

Profile Photo
    Rodrigo Silva
    Rodrigo Silva on

Hi I’m interested in this rear view camera. I drive a Ford Everest and tow a Sprite Splash. Do you sell and install the camera? Thank you.

Rodrigo

Profile Photo
    Jannie Louw
    Jannie Louw on

Hi , I have a big screen wireless system which seems to work reasonably well when you don’t actually need it. Like in the Kruger😂😂. I have purchased some cable which only arrives in June and I’m hoping to connect my screen to my caravans camera ( converting my wireless setup to a wired setup.) Not sure if this is going to work. I will follow up on this question with instructions if it does. I will also advise how effective it is or whether it does not work at all. My system never cost me anything, so I’m going to give it a go. ( Bought from Wish, which took forever, so I claimed back because the delivery deadline wasn’t met) they refunded me which was very decent of them. About a month later I received my parcel at the post office. TFD screen and camera would have been about R1200 at the time. Quality of the screen is very good, not sure on the camera, it seems to steam up in humid conditions until it’s dried out. Could be my fault for opening it and trying to reseal it. However, I have ordered a replacement camera which should arrive more or less with the extension cables. Here is to hoping.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 11 replies - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

This website uses cookies and other data to function optimally see our privacy policy here

preloader