Subscribe
Register | Log in

Pop-top spacer solution

Return to: DIY Projects

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    EdwardsNParticipant

Words & Images Norman Edwards

I have just had to replace the pop-top surround canvas on my 2005 Romany as a result of the “locking bar” points damaging the canvas. The bar is already touching the new canvas.

I made a simple spacer to keep the point of the locking bar away from the canvas whilst in the open position, using a couple of cable ties to hold it in position.

The distance required for the spacer is measured between the bars to keep the point of the locking bar away from the canvas.

With the spacer in position, it keeps the canvas away from harm.

• Profile Photo
    Clarence
    Clarence on

Great idea. I have the same problem at least now I can try to make mine last a little longer.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader