Subscribe

PET FRIENDLY SITES

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Rich2wild

Interested to learn of good pet friendly caravan parks. I have an offroad van. Perhaps start with Western Cape.

• Profile Photo
    Francois Huysamen
    Francois Huysamen on

Hi Rich2Wild,

There are a few pet-friendly campsites in the Western Cape, but it also depends on the season and your pet – some resorts do not allow free-roaming dogs, other only allow small pets, etc.

My dogs are quite active and like to run a lot, and they sometimes behave like children and don’t listen when you call. And they will definitely run after wildlife, not to attack, but to play. So even though they are friendly, I won’t take them to any park.

I like to go to Khomeesdrif near Riviersonderend. I’ve also had a good time at Kuifkopvisvanger. Beaverlac is a very pet friendly resort, and there’s great spots for the dogs to swim as well.

Other places you can look at include: Strandskloof, De Drinken, Secret Falls, Silwerstrand, Buffeljagsrivier, River Goose, Bonnievale River Lodge, Doringlaagte (only Yorkies during the week), Klondyke Cherry Farm, Die Gatjie Boskamp, Suikerbossie Guest Farm, Balie’s Gat.

Just check their website regarding the policy on pets.

Profile Photo
    Rich2wild
    Rich2wild on

Francois thanks appreciate yr feedback. Will certainly check out the sites.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)