Subscribe
Register | Log in

OLD TOPPIES CLUB

Return to: Campfire Chat

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    ERIC CHAPMANParticipant

13 days into lockdown! As I look longingly at my new baby,OKTO Villa no 54, parked up with nowhere to go,all plans in place but not knowing when they can be executed, our minds start to wander back to a time when we were younger, when the ability to solve problems lay squarely in our own hands,life was for the most part carefree,family and friends close.

But age creeps on, families grow into their own futures,friends remain and when you can get out there,new friends are made.

To caravaner’s, friends old and new have you ever thought of getting out there as members of an “Old Toppies Club” doing “daft things” away from the eyes of family who who would skywards at ” inappropriate” behaviour.

Caravan Parks will be struggling for some time after this Covid 19 virus has subsided and would be willing ( I think) to give exclusive use of sites to an “Old Toppies Club” for special events.

Disco’s 60’s to 70’s music – 4pm to 7pm – legs would be gone after 3 hours!

Sports days – 20 meter Egg and Spoon races,Sack races, Hopscotch, Whiskey Tasting, Cake Competitions, and any other of a myriad of stupid things we used to do,most importantly laughter and companionship.

This club would  only be open to people between 60 and 110 years.

Anybody out there who would like to share this experience, or am I just  bored,old and bonkers.

• Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Tussen provinsies of ook in dieselfde provinsie as waar jy woon ?

Profile Photo
    Anonymous
    Anonymous on

Ek is nog nie seker nie maar dit mag wel oop wees tussen provinsies maar dit sal beter wees om hierdie jaar se reistogte maar te kanseleer en om volgende jaar alles te doen wat ons nie die jaar kon doen nie.

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Kan ‘n mens so lank wag ?!?!?. Hulle se aanmekaar dat jy nie tussen provinsies mag reis nie maar niks van in jou provinsie nie. Ek gaan een of twee karavaan bel en hoor wat hulle se.

Profile Photo
    Dolf du Pisani
    Dolf du Pisani on

Ek het klaar uitgevind.
    Blykbaar word alle reise vir vakansies en kuiers uitgesluit. Jy behoort (met die nodige permit) huis toe te gaan as jy in dieselfde provincie vasgekeer was. Ons sal nog ‘n bietjie geduldig moet wees. Dit is iets wat jy leer as jy al langer as 30 jaar kamp😀.

Een van julle vorige vrae was waar mens lekker kan kamp naby.  Ek sal De Oude Molen naby Francshoek aanbeveel. Heerlik, skoon ablusies, pragtig gras, lekker koelte en veilig. Bietjie raserig oor na weke maar baie naby. Lekker kamp

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Ek is nou baie lank by die huis vasgekeer, kan ek na ‘n karavaan park in dieselfde povinsie terugkeer ? Nog n vraag, is daar meer as een park in Franschoek of is Holandse Molen dieselfde een as De Oude Molen ?

Profile Photo
    ERIC CHAPMAN
    ERIC CHAPMAN on

Hi All

Now putting our new OKTO Villa into lockdown on stands .We have just found out our favourite park in Limpopo Mabalingwe will not open till level 1.As with all other caravan parks because of social distancing how do we work this out any comments from you Guys.

Any attorneys out there willing to take tourism on and get our sites up and running again.

Regards to all Eric.

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

SUCK(S) !!! Caravaners are of the BETTER behaved people living a healthy outdoor life. Putting us in the same category, specially “social distancing” is a joke. There has to be a better reason or reasons rather than such a ridiculous and senseless one !!!. I am REALLY holding back on the expressive side of my vocabulary as I will be banned from this forum for life. My mood, a BAD one, is at a point where it will better not put any more of my thought in writing for the fear of being hunted down and shot.

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

SUCK(S) !!! Caravaners are of the BETTER behaved people living a healthy outdoor life. Putting us in the same category, specially “social distancing” is a joke. There has to be a better reason or reasons rather than such a ridiculous and senseless one !!!. I am REALLY holding back on the expressive side of my vocabulary as I will be banned from this forum for life. My mood, a BAD one, is at a point where it will better not to put any more of my thought in writing for the fear of being hunted down and shot.

Profile Photo
    Owen Ball
    Owen Ball on

But we are right behind you and we’ll said in fine language but it really does suck

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

well, we’ve been on the road since the day after level 1 lock down was announced being back to having FUN and feeling FREE

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 10 replies - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

This website uses cookies and other data to function optimally see our privacy policy here

preloader