Subscribe
Register | Log in

Number Plate Visibility

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Kevin and Mel AdendorffParticipant

numberplate.jpg
    We have just bought our first camping trailer, and not long after having a towbar fitted, we were stopped and given a fine because the towball obscured the number plate.

The car and the towbar are designed this way, so I feel it’s beyond my control; in that case, why am I responsible?

• Profile Photo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN on

The onus is on you either to remove the towball or part of the offending tow bracket when not towing, so that speed traps, cameras, etc. can see your number plate clearly.

Some towballs are on a quick release system for easy detachment so as not to obscure the number plate, and others have the number plate incorporated into the lower bumper of the vehicle. You might consider relocating the number plate higher up on the vehicle. It may not be pretty, but it may save you a fi ne.

– Godfrey Castle

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader