Subscribe
Register | Log in

New to Caravans – need advice

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Carmen AricoParticipant

Hi everyone

My husband and I are new to caravanning as adults. I spent many years caravanning with my parents down to the WC in our Sprite and have fond memories, and we’d like to recreate that for our young daughter.  However, we need advice please.

We have a Nissan X-Trail 2.5L petrol auto with a towbar.  I’m sure it can tow a caravan but we’re not sure how to determine exactly what kind/size would be best.  We would like something that is off-road capable but not a fully 4×4 caravan, and is a 3 berth that can accommodate us and our 5 year old.  I would like to have something that is a bit more ‘homey’ and comfortable (i.e. have a toilet/shower indoors plus a little kitchenette) but it must be able to go to places like Dinokeng or Pilansberg with ease.  Our budget at the moment is max R200,000.  I’ve attached a photo of a very similar setup my folks had when I was growing up (we had a 1994 Sprite with tent just like this) so this is what I’m thinking of when I say comfortable.

What should we be looking for and anything in particular to be aware of when looking at caravans?

• Profile Photo
    Dave de Villiers
    Dave de Villiers on

Hi.

Please advise if I can tow a Sprite Scout – (tare 750kg) with a Peugeot 1.6 stationwagon.

Thanks Dave

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This website uses cookies and other data to function optimally see our privacy policy here

preloader