Motorhome bad experience

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Wimpie
    Participant

I recently had a very bad experience and wanted to share this with planning a Motorhome holiday . I rented a vehicle form Helderberg Motorhomes. The mistake I made was not to insist on a full checklist on the condition of the vehicle and accepted the condition in good faith. I picked the vehicle up late afternoon from OR Thambo as we were planning to leave early the next morning.  Early morning we were on the road – first problem, only one light was working, Next it started to rain, wipers not working properly. That night the air conditioner was only working on fan (hot) with a serious noise  After 1000 km, the first tyre blew – this was not because of bad roads but wear (I have the photo for this) – I swopped for the spare & within 20 km this was flat as a previous puncture repair failed. I could not travel very short distances on gravel roads to camp sites or everything was covered in dust. Reporting this to the manager, I was met with total denial and very rude comments making me a liar etc etc. Needless to say, I will think twice to use a motorhome in South Africa again but never ever Helderberg.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.