Jacking up Jurgens Xcape

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Stuart Howes
    Participant

Hello, I’m new to caravanning. Actually, I set off one Sat morning to buy a tent and came home with a second hand Xcape!

I’m sure somebody on this forum can give me advice on what seems a simple problem – I have great difficulty jacking up the caravan to change wheels. (I need to put those small steel “wheels” on so that the caravan fits under my car port).

It just feels incredibly heavy and it’s difficult to get a jack in under the axle and have room to pump the handle. Somebody suggested I get a 12v scissor jack from Adendorff, which I did, but it wasn’t strong enough and blew the car and caravan fuses.

Is it feasible to use one of those high lift jacks in the “holes” in the caravan made for the levelling jacks?

After 55 years of motoring and changing countless wheels, I feel embarrassed to ask such a simple question. But, I’m really stuck – please humour me!

Umko

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.