Subscribe
Register | Log in

ix35 2l, can it tow a jurgens Classique 1990 model

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    ernest vd merweParticipant

Can I tow my Jurgens Classique 1990 model with my ix35 Hundai 2.l

• Profile Photo
    Jaco de Lnage
    Jaco de Lnage on

Ernest,

I do not know when you posted this question, maybe you got your answer long ago.

I do not think you will be able to tow any caravan with an IX35. I have the 2l model (2011) as well, and it struggles to tow my baggage trailer (750kg), to such an extend that I had to replace the 5th gear, so I had all gears redone. The IX 35 has no power, and I find it much more lazy than my previous Tucson.

Profile Photo
    Corne
    Corne on

Hi Ernest,

The 1990 Jurgens Classique was listed as having a GVM of 1 250 kg and being suitable for a 2.8-liter tow car. If this GVM is correct you will need a car that has a Tare weight of 1 250 kg,  or more. That is to be street legal. Powerwise, the performance 2-litre cars are producing these days its remarkable but all hinges on the GVM of your caravan. Up on the reef it may be tiring towing with a vehicle that is working hard to maintain a steady speed.!

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

© Caravan & Outdoor Life Magazine 2020

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader