Household appliances for caravan life

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Lauren BothaParticipant

Hi everyone,

Straight up front, I do not have a caravan or anything; I am looking into household appliances available for those who do live the caravan life. Any information shared will be greatly appreciated. Household appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers, does anyone have these fitted into their caravans or motorhomes? If so, then:

1. What make/model/size is it?

2. Where did you purchase it?

3. Is it effective and easy to use?

The reason for my possibly silly questions is that I live in a tiny apartment, space for appliances is limited, and currently the tumble dryer is in the lounge/dining room. I came across an advert for a Midea Mini dishwasher that has a built in water tank that you fill before use, negating the need for a tap. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. Many hours of internet browsing later, it seems that the only choice is to buy something online from overseas. And that’s where things get sticky. No matter which site you look at the shipping fees are often the same price as the product, sometimes even more, and I don’t know the fee South African customs would add on top of that.

There seems to be so many products out there that would be beneficial for both caravan life and tiny apartments but they’re just out of reach! Any advice or information you’re willing to share with me will be helpful. Thank you for reading my sob story!

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.