Subscribe

Goose neck/Swan neck tow bar and towing

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Johan Venter
    Participant

I had been out of the caravan camping and towing situation for almost 9 years. Prior to that I had been towing caravans for approximately 22 years. I used to tow with stabilisers and later with the trapezium on a traditional/conventional tow bar. I aim to get back into the caravaning fraternity now that the children completed(almost)their university studies. My tow vehicle will be a 2007 BMW X5 3.0D with a gooseneck tow bar. I have absolutely no knowledge or experience with the gooseneck. Do I just hook up and go or what is recommended? The caravan will be a Gypsey 4B 1991 model. Advice please.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Anderson
    Robert Anderson on

A friend tows an old Gypsey with a Discovery. He uses a Yellowblade with a gooseneck attachment and swears by it.

Profile Photo
    Peter Strauber
    Peter Strauber on

I know you get an adaptor to fit a stabiliser to a gooseneck towbar, try the bigger caravan places.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)