Subscribe
Register | Log in

George to Upington – which route and stopover suggestions

Return to: Destinations & Routes

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Dean ByramParticipant

I am traveling with a caravan from George to Augrabies at the end of September.

There are 3 routes. Williston, Carnarvon or Victoria West.

I am looking for advice on road quality and road stops.

As well as any recommendations on overnight accommodation in Kenhardt or De Niel as these seem 7 hours driving. Thank you

• Profile Photo
    Danny Vann
    Danny Vann on

Hi, it looks like you are coming straight up the N12 and then across to Upington on the N10. The advice is probably too late but I would have suggested Karoo National park at Beaufort West. If you have a wildcard and can claim pensioner rates midweek it is quite cost effective.
    I will be coming at Kimberley (sort of) from JHB in November, then on to Augrabies via (I hope) Witsand Nature Reserve. Anything you might be happy to share about road conditions and stop overs up to Augrabies would be much appreciated.
    We move on from Augrabies via Springbok – down the West Coast and will eventualy land in Gaansbaai for a few months.
    Good luck on your journey and TACvel safely.
    Danny

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

preloader