Subscribe
Register | Log in

Full? I’m no fool

• Ron and Maya
    Ron and Maya on

sanparks.jpg
    We read again in the July issue, on page 6, of the pathetic booking system of SANParks. This is not limited to the Kruger but applies to all the parks, and has been our experience since our retirement twelve years ago.

We love the parks and visit a number of different ones each year. The latest booking incident was in the Kgalagadi.

A group booking made a year in advance – as soon as bookings opened for 2017, we booked for 12 vehicles on 8 sites, for 3 nights at Nossop.

During our stay, the site occupation varied between 3/4 and 1/4 full!

Our next stop was at Mata Mata for one night. Again, there were many vacant sites (we, too, have photos). We tried to negotiate with the camp manager for us to stay an extra night, but he was adamant that the campsite was full and had been that way on our first night.

Once at Camdeboo, we found that 3 of the 17 sites were occupied in a so-called “full” camping site.

Recently, at Addo, a German family arrived just before 18h00 and were told to leave as it was full. I pointed out 3 empty sites and they were most grateful, as they were then able to camp.

This inept system is discussed at almost every campsite we visit, be it in a national park or otherwise. I could go on and on, as this happens to us every time, without fail, numerous times each year.

Please, SANParks − you are losing valuable money.

Kind Regards
    Ron and Maya

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.