Subscribe
Register | Log in

Ford Transit Conversion

Return to: DIY Projects

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Beate KleimParticipant

Hello

we are starting as newbies to convert a Ford Transit into a weekend motorhome. Where can we get an insuation foil like in the picture? Any advise highly appreciated

• Profile Photo
    Pierre De Bruyn
    Pierre De Bruyn on

I cannot see your photo. I converted a Mercedes Sprinter and have a list of suppliers. I also have a roll of aluminum bubble insulation left if that what you are looming for? Unfortunately there are not many places to ask for help in SA. My contact tel 079 498 8693. Pierre

Profile Photo
    Corne
    Corne on

Hi Beate,

It looks like a product called Sisalation and should be available from most big building supply companies. It is used on roofing construction.

Condensation on metal panelvans is a problem. This forms when it is cold outside and warmer inside, water forms in tiny bubbles and will cause any bare metal to rust in time. Make sure all inside metal surfaces are well protected with good paint or ventilated.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

preloader