Register | Log in

Ford Transit Conversion

  • Beate Kleim
    Beate Kleim on


    we are starting as newbies to convert a Ford Transit into a weekend motorhome. Where can we get an insuation foil like in the picture? Any advise highly appreciated

    Pierre De Bruyn
    Pierre De Bruyn on

    I cannot see your photo. I converted a Mercedes Sprinter and have a list of suppliers. I also have a roll of aluminum bubble insulation left if that what you are looming for? Unfortunately there are not many places to ask for help in SA. My contact tel 079 498 8693. Pierre

    CaravanSA on

    Hi Beate,

    It looks like a product called Sisalation and should be available from most big building supply companies. It is used on roofing construction.

    Condensation on metal panelvans is a problem. This forms when it is cold outside and warmer inside, water forms in tiny bubbles and will cause any bare metal to rust in time. Make sure all inside metal surfaces are well protected with good paint or ventilated.

    Alan Connelly
    Alan Connelly on

    Hi Pierre


    Alan, here from Plett.

    I’m contemplating a similar build down here on the Garden Route – any info you have re. suppliers would be great.


    Thanking you in advance


    Alan 078 415 3762



Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.