Subscribe

Ford Kuga 1.6 petrol as a tow vehicle

Return to: Caravans, Motorhomes & Trailers

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Jason EhrlichParticipant

Good day,

I was wondering if anyone out there had ever towed a caravan with a Ford Kuga 1.6 Petrol Automatic AWD?

• Profile Photo
    Gerd Kopanski
    Gerd Kopanski on

Hi Jason

I pulled a caravan named Caravette 2 with a GVM of 750kg  once on a long journey with the old  Merc A-class 160 ,but manual transmission.  On short journeys (max 200 km from home) it was bearable but on the 3 week excursion into Namibia up to Etosha and back via Upington it was not nice, in particular when I had a fairly strong headwind resulting in labouring the engine in 3rd gear for hours. Also, slight uphills forced  a down shift into 4th and even 3rd gear.

Although I enjoyed the trip and the camping tremendously I felt sorry for the engine and the clutch.

I would not recommend long and extensive caravan towing with any 1.6 l engine….

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

© Caravan & Outdoor Life Magazine 2019

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader