Subscribe
Register | Log in

Food For The Soul

• Anonymous
    Anonymous on

The definition of camping is “Food for the soul”, rejuvenating and relaxing. There’s nothing like a camping weekend or holiday to give you the strength to cope with the mundane, everyday stresses of living and working in the city.

Camping takes you to another world of serenity and outdoor living. Once the camping bug bites, it’s for good.

My hubby and I have camped for many years, and we try to go camping at least once a month. We have been to many resorts around our gorgeous country and even some in Namibia and Botswana – some good and some not so good. We have many places we visit more than once, but the fantastic Willem’s Rus in the Dinokeng Reserve just outside Pretoria is by far our favourite.

The members of staff are like family; they’re extremely friendly and always very helpful. The campsites have well-maintained lawns which are very well laid out and spacious.

The sites are equipped with electricity, water, and a braai that is cleaned and washed daily: the cleanest braais we have ever come across.

Many of the sites are placed around the perimeter of the electric fence, with two water holes that are easily seen. There is also a demarcated area where you can sit in your camping chair and watch the wildlife come to drink – the highlight for us was an elephant bull that paid the water-hole a visit.

The ablution facilities are out of this world – extremely clean, home-away-from-home clean, and with plenty of hot water, they are “5-star plus”.

The quiet of Willem’s Rus provides the ultimate camping weekend for those who want to get away to the bush and away from city life. We have been there a couple of times and will certainly be visiting again in the near future.

We never go camping without our Caravan & Outdoor Life magazine and we read it from cover to cover. I have attached one picture of our campsite.

Thank you for an amazing and informative magazine. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.