Subscribe
Register | Log in

Fellow caravanner

Return to: Campfire Chat

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Charles CronjeParticipant

I have mer Brian and Julie over the weekend of 21/9 at Tamboti Vreugde. They had to leave urgently on Sunday as Julie was not feeling well. I try to make contact with them to find out if Julie is fine.

• Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Anyone out there know when we can hook up and hit the road. I know there are restriction from province to province BUT are there restrictions traveling within the province where you live ?

Profile Photo
    Brian Hibberd
    Brian Hibberd on

Hello Andre,
    I don’t think we are allowed to go camping just yet, there are hundreds of us just waiting for the boss to say GO, GO, GO. I think it will be like Easter holidays and Christmas when we do hit the road again.
    All we can do is stay ready, I see a number of Guys and Girls can’t wait and are camping in their Yards and driveways.
    Good luck

Profile Photo
    Callie Theron
    Callie Theron on

Hi Brian, thanks for advice on the skipper oyster, I will definitely have a look at it.

Regards

Callie

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Good to be back on the road

Profile Photo
    Andre Pieterse
    Andre Pieterse on

Are there any singles out there who love camping and would like to start a club, being single yet travelling with like minded people ?

Profile Photo
    John Sparrow
    John Sparrow on

Hello. I used to own a caravan in South Africa. I moved to NewZealand a few years ago and built my own camping trailer. It has a double bed, a set of bunk beds for the kids, a shower with hot and cold running water, an electric maceration toilet with all the tanks I need for fresh, grey and black water. It is fully insulated for the cold weather. It has a 12 and 220 volt set up. We use a yamaha 2400i silent inverter generator when we need power. In NZ one can camp anywhere on public land as there is a law protecting the rights of campers. So if you find a nice place to stop you can just pull over and set up camp. In 99% of the places you are perfectly safe. I love camping here but really miss my SA camping days. I am jealous of those of you that can go to Kruger etc.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

preloader