Subscribe

Eastern Cape resorts.

Return to: Campfire Chat

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    John Crafford
    Participant

• `

By nature I am a “see for yourself” person and not pay attention to comments on caravan parks or camping sites. However, I am going to explore the Baviaans and intend staying at Komdomo caravan park. Seen some good and not so good comments without going into detail, in the past. Any comments on what it is like now-a-days as I believe Eastern Cape is trying their damndest to jack up their act with limited resources.
    Some feedback highly appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    Lindley Bowles
    Lindley Bowles on

Hi there

I have not yet camped at Komdomo, but I can recommend other resorts in the same area, both inside the reserve and outside.

Let me know if these would be of any interest to you?

Profile Photo
    Francois Huysamen
    Francois Huysamen on

Hi John,

I was there just over a year ago.

Komdomo is a nice, quiet camp, right at the entrance to Baviaanskloof. You can read more about it here.
    I also write about a few other resorts I visited. If you do not mind camping without electricity, I can highly recommend Geelkrans – it’s a bit outside Baviaans, but the setting is stunning. Also, no electricity and very (very) rustic ablutions is Bruintjieskraal… I loved it because the sites are far apart, so you feel almost alone.

In our November issue there’s also a review by Nick Yell of Kudu Kaya, a bit further into the Baviaans.

It’s a beautiful area, I hope you have a good time!

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)