Subscribe
Register | Log in

Drivers license

Return to: Campfire Chat

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Barry MollettParticipant

I hope everyone towing anything bigger than a luggage trailer  knows that your drivers license must be EB endorsed for vehicle restrictions. although unlikely you could be fined and possibly denied insurance payout for an accident. A lot of the the newer/younger driver licenses only have a B endorsement. Stay safe!

• Profile Photo
    Snazzy321
    Snazzy321 on

Yes mine is EB but my wife’s is not. What’s involved to upgrade hers. Does she need to redo the license

Profile Photo
    Jon
    Jon on

I only have b licence but my caravan is 750 gvm so am allowed to tow it, don’t need EB for it

Profile Photo
    Barry Mollett
    Barry Mollett on

A short horse and long trailer is easier to reverse than a car and caravan or boat!!

I did my license more years ago than I’d like to admit to but was one of only two on an NSRI base that were licensed to tow a boat on a public road .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I did find the post below on a 4×4 forum :

The unfortunate truth is yes, you need to re-do your license. Learners and all.

I had the same issue.

If you decide to do it however, just bite the bullet and do your heavy duty license (old code 14) EC now. That way you can drive almost anything on the road, as well as the test being simpler than an EB.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

© Caravan & Outdoor Life Magazine 2019

Free news, reviews, travel features and more… everything you need to know from the Caravan and outdoor industry.

preloader