Hello there. I am new here and I recently bought myself a 4×4 trailer to start camping again. My first memories of holidays was in a caravan and I have to share the same with my kids.
Long story short… I had to replace my 4×4 trailers’ 2 batteries as they were a bit ‘finished’. I replaced them at Battery Pro in Brackenfell with 2 x 674T Maxim 105ah batteries and now I have a question or two regarding charging and battery maintenance/care.
Firstly, I have 220v, 12v -and a solar panel to my disposal.
Secondly, I have less than ZERO/Nul/Niks technical knowledge so please bear with me here…
The batteries are both connected to the current ‘charger’ (unknown brand) and a MegaPulse device (I tried reading up but… see question 5) but I was told to get a CTEC MXS 5.0 charger.
- I do have a Stanley 15 Amp Battery Charger with Quick Start Timer – will it work -or do you advise a CTEC MXS 5.0 charger or both?
- Do I need a CTEC MXS 5.0 charger for each battery as I have two 674T Maxim 105ah batteries?
- Can I leave the CTEC MXS 5.0 charger on/connected to 220v mains and the two 674T Maxim 105ah batteries -or should I only charge the batteries before I am going to use the van?
- Someone told me that Deep Cycle batteries such as the two 674T Maxim 105ah batteries, ‘needs to work‘ constantly – in other words be in use and charging at all times or they will not last… Is this true?
- a. Do I need to have the MegaPulse connected to mains permanently? It seems that way but will the CTEC MXS 5.0 charger and/or my Stanley 15 Amp Battery Charger not do the same thing?
b. Can I still use the MegaPulse in conjunction with the CTEC MXS 5.0 charger?
- What else can I do to ensure that my batteries last?
Okay that’s about that for now. Looking forward to your advise…