Subscribe
Register | Log in

Carvan roof surround repair and cover repair

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen MallabyParticipant

We have a Sprite Sport 1990 and there is a tear in the caravan roof surround. Is it possible to have this repaired or must it be replaced.

we are looking for recommendation for where we can get out caravan cover that is torn, repaired.

we are based in fourways

• Profile Photo
    Simon Tasman
    Simon Tasman on

I had a surround replaced on my Xplorer after the gas strut mountings ate holes in it.

I took the caravan to a dealer with a workshop filled with strapping, healthy fellows. It took as many as could fit inside the caravan all their strength to remove the old surround. And almost as much to get the new one in the tracks.

The surround is easy to get and not very expensive either, but I don’t suggest you try to change it unless you have access to 8 or 10 very strong assistants. It takes immense muscle power to pull that canvas through the guides, and it’s incredibly awkward to pull sideways the way you need to.

Good luck.

BTW the new surround already had holes chewed in it by the same strut mountings by time I got home.

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This website uses cookies and other data to function optimally see our privacy policy here

preloader