Advertisement
Subscribe
Register | Log in
Advertisement

Caravan windows, doors & skylights

• Greg Pratt
    Greg Pratt on

Can anyone help here?……We are looking for a local manufacturer and/or distributor of  perspex/polycarbonate windows, doors and skylights for caravans similar to the Dometic range of products which include fly screens as well as sun shade blinds etc.

Quiksilver
    Quiksilver on

hmmm.

i think everyone knows Dometic, because they are the biggest supplier of caravan build accessories.

i see that most of the caravans manufactured in SA are using their parts and services. in all honesty i think therefore that makes them the best.

there is a company which specializes in caravan windows – http://durattract.co.za/ but i think they only produce caravan windows for JurgensCI.

so you might be able to get stock from them.

otherwise you might get lucky with http://paradigm.co.za. but i think they only manufacture the windows.

but now that i mention it… i think Fiamma might have skylights and windows too if i recall correctly. best to speak to Dennis on 021 577 3863. he also works for Motor home world. ( really great guy and has been in the motorhome industry for donkeys years!)

i’ve also seen caravan skylights for sale via takealot. funny enough. but these are dometic too i think.

Kathy Lulu
    Kathy Lulu on

Maybe at first, you should tell us where are you from? Then the others can give you the suggestion about the domestic supplier and manufacturer.

Ezzat Salie
    Ezzat Salie on

Hi Gregg. hope you are well. Just checking if you managed to find a supplier of windows as i am also looking for  supplier. I am in the process of building a motorhome. please be so kind to let me know. Thanks

James DeBeer
    James DeBeer on

Hi Ezzat.

I came across this add that may help you.

RAINBOW CARAVANS – We supply and manufacture any model and make of caravan windows – single glaze or double glaze.
    For free quotation please contact me: Cell: 061 591 6509

Anthony Sibiya
    Anthony Sibiya on

I wish to strongly caution you when dealing with Rainbow Caravans and its owner Francois Deysel. I ordered windows from him last year, paid him a substantial deposit, then it was one story after another

Anthony Sibiya
    Anthony Sibiya on

Greg, have you tried widney.co.za?  They make windows, hatch and door frames for caravans. Hope this helps.

James DeBeer
    James DeBeer on

Advert on Caravan and Outdoor Life website says:

“Brand New Caravan Windows”

You may want to try them?

Anthony Sibiya
    Anthony Sibiya on

Thank you. I will try them. Will givebthe forum feedback

Quiksilver
    Quiksilver on

That screen shot looks VERY suspicious. Can you send a screen shot of WHERE you saw this supposed advert on CaravanSA?

For caravan Windows, my suggestion would be Leisure World. here is the actual link on CaravanSA website  https://www.caravansa.co.za/leisureworldsa-expands-with-four-caravan-dealerships/

They should be able to assist you. they have saved me out of a pickle many times!

Colin Briggs
    Colin Briggs on

Jurgens fleetline l right  hand rear window replacement

James DeBeer
    James DeBeer on

The reader asked for help.

I  took the time and trouble to search for information for him and posted what I hoped would be helpful to both him and other forum readers.

I am not connected to the advertised business in any way and my only interest in this entire saga was to assist a fellow caravan enthusiast in need.

I wont make make that mistake again and certainly will never ever bother to respond on this forum again.

Dont bother to respond to this message as by the time you read it I will no longer be a member here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Advertisement