Subscribe
Register | Log in

Buying a Trailer for the first time

• Chris Brits
    Chris Brits
    Chris Brits on

I’m looking to buy a trailer. I have no experience but need to keep it below 750kg and below R200k. I don’t want to pack in and pack up. It needs all the bells and whistles. A 4 sleeper is preferable. If it has easy add ons for extra tent space that would be great. Any help would be appreciated. If there are great websites let me know.
    Regards
    Chris

Barlo Bam
    Barlo Bam
    Barlo Bam on

I would recommend Black Series travel trailers. They are built for outdoor adventures and come loaded with all the features you need to enjoy camping in comfort – from beds to spacious living areas and kitchen appliances that make cooking easy. Their products patented suspension system and rugged construction will make you feel confident about taking them anywhere. Their products are of different specification and function depending on your budget and preference. Check  them out here https://www.blackseries.net/travel-trailers/

Mystryx 🙂
    Leigh Ehlers
    Leigh Ehlers on

Are you from South Africa Chris? If so then I would go for something like the imagine brand if you want offroad or Sprite for on road.

Barlow Bam as lovely as the black series looks. On the rand / dollar exchange it doesnt make sense to import.

Mystryx 🙂
    Leigh Ehlers
    Leigh Ehlers on

I have been doing some homework and there aren’t alot of well priced offroad trailervans on the market.

Francois Smith
    Francois Smith
    Francois Smith on

Unfortunately the availability below 750kg is very limited. I spent months looking at different options for off road/camping trailers. The Jurgens XT75 needs to be equipped unless you buy a secondhand one that comes with some accessories. I opted for the Jurgens CampLite trailer. Bought it second hand. It comes with a Trailer Top Tent. There are various ones available on Facebook Marketplace with various accessories, especially add on tents. Priced from 30K to around 55K. It’s the only braked trailer with a GVM of 750kg that I could find satisfying my needs. I’ve got the basic tent with it and buying an All Weather Waterproof gazebo (3m x 3m) with fixed material side, windows and doors (all waterproof) from Decathlon to add more space. All covered by an 8m x 5m Tarpaulin bought from LeroyMerlin-SA to help with the rain and keep the canvas as dry as possible when packing up. Trailer is always packed ready to go except for clothing and food.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.