ALKO OVERRUN COUPLING problem

Return to: Caravan Clinic

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Hugo Knoetze
    Participant

My 2004 Regal overrun coupling needed a service. The rubber boot, Gaiter shock and Bump rubber, this I sourced and bought at ALKO in Pretoria and assembled it in Cape town. Due to a problem correctly fitting the two split-rings on the main shaft I approached ALKO Cape town for assistance that send the unit to the factory in Vereeniging. Werner the service manager contacted me informing me that the main Body Casting were wrapped, unserviceable and a danger to use. This came as a shock as the possibility existed that the main shaft could seize up on a crash-stop situation! I were never the less very grateful for the information and ALKO’s safety standards. Then the surprise.  Due to a slight service mishap in Cape town ALKO management in Vereeniging and Cape town decided to replace the entire coupling free of charge! Thank you once again Werner and Heinrich.

Lesson to be learnt, if the Overrun Coupling needs a service take it to ALKO, the unit may look good but let the experts decide!

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.