Subscribe
Register | Log in

ADVISE for CARAVAN SITES ON GARDEN ROUTE

Return to: Destinations & Routes

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

• Profile Photo
    Maja BalenovicParticipant

HI , we are completely new to campers, RVs, camping, etc.  and need help.

Will be going to a Garden route from 29/12/19 – 10/1/20… can you adivse which camper /caravan sites to spend a night/ two at each one?

And which one to go for 31/12. We will be departing from Cape Town.

I have hard time googling the camper sites …we are family of 3 (our son is 10). We preffer coastal sites, ok if big and crowded… THANK YOU!

• Profile Photo
    Godfrey
    Godfrey on

Welcome to camping!

You will be catching the tail end of prime season meaning that most caravan resorts will be full or, if you are lucky starting to empty as campers return to Gauteng and get ready to start the school year.

Depending on where about you will be on the garden Route – and on what day – will determine the resorts closest to you and their vacancy availability.  If a resort is full they will probably be able to direct you to others in the area.

All the resorts are good, beggars can’t be choosers so start looking for a place to stay early in the day.

It would help if you had a more precise plan such as three days in ….., two days….. and etc. then I could give you a list of resorts in those areas to contact. Or, refer you to the back of the magazine which contains the better resort

Profile Photo
    Maja Balenovic
    Maja Balenovic on

Hi,

Thank you for your answer…we are in the process of planing the trip. Hoped that we can be more spontanious as far as the whole trip , but I guess it would not be smart.

Also is it true most of the caravan sites, require minimum 5,6 nights? It changes our plans a lot as well, if this is the case?

Or can you  adivse to make a base in one of the caravan parks and go on a day trips?!

THANX 🙂

Come chat with us in the forum. Click here to register an account or if you are already registered click here to log in.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

preloader