What you’ll need:
– Olive oil
– 6 eggs at room temperature
– 6 pieces bacon, or prosciutto ham
– 6 slices tomato
– Spinach leaves
– 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
– 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
– Salt and pepper to season
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Generously grease a muffin pan.
3. Wrap a piece of bacon or prosciutto ham around the edges and bottom of each cup in the muffin pan, to form a ‘nest’.
4. Layer spinach leaves on top of the bacon.
5. Place a fresh tomato slice at the bottom of each nest, on top of the spinach leaves.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary and thyme evenly among the individual nests.
7. Crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into a nest. Do this six times until each nest has one egg. It’s okay if some of the egg white spills over.
8. Bake in the oven, rotating the pan front-to-back halfway through, until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness − 10 to 15 minutes for medium-set eggs or 15 to 18 minutes for hard-set eggs.
9. Once done, cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
10. Run a butter knife around the edges of each nest a few times to loosen them completely, and then use the knife to lift them out of the tin.
11. Season with salt and pepper as desired.