Champagne by the River Campsite and Cottage accommodation is a fruit farm with a private campsite and a cottage on the Zonderend River.
Situated 15 km from Greyton and 32 km from Caledon in the Western Cape, and hour and a half drive from Cape Town. Camp or stay in a beautiful small cottage which is situated next to the Zonderend River surrounded by fruit trees.
The campsite is sheltered and private, and the Zonderend river has deep pools for swimming. The ablutions are basic but clean, with two hot showers and two flush toilets.
There are 4 power points available, however you will need to bring your own extension lead along. There is a small kitchen with wash basin plenty of places to braai.
Champagne Bushcamp has 3 privately located sites set among the trees along the river. The sites vary in size and can accommodate between one and four tents, each with its own pathway leading down to the river. There are shared ablution facilities, with two solar-heated showers and a flush toilet.
Champagne Cottage is a fairly simple self catering cottage with a timber deck facing the river, the cottage sleeps 4 and is fully equipped. A queen-size bed plus two sleeper couches is available. The cottage is open plan and there are no separate rooms.
Champagne by the River offers:
- 6 Campsites all next to the river
- 1 Self catering cottage (sleeps 4)
- 3 Communal braai areas (bring along grid, utensils and firewood)
- Wood for sale at R20/bag
- Electrical points available (bring 20m extension)
- 2 Showers and 2 toilets
- Kitchen available to wash dishes
Things to do:
- Explore the river – bring along tubes, lilos or anything that floats.
- Fishing – mostly Carp and Barbel, also Eels and Bass.
- Swimming – water is safe for swimming.
- Greyton – Always something going on in Greyton.