What you’ll need:
- 500 gr lean beef mince
- ½ an onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 slices slightly stale bread, crumbed
- 1 wheel of strong blue cheese
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Burger sauce or relish
- Lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
Soak the cardamom pods and minced ginger in the alcohol and lime or lemon juice for at least 15 minutes. Heat a grill until smoking hot. Smear the butter evenly over the figs. Place the figs on the hot grill for 2 minutes until they’re soft, but still retaining their shape.
Pour the cardamom and ginger, with liquid, over the figs. The juice will bubble wildly. Remove it at once and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe appeared in the June 2013 issue.