Klein Paradys is a quiet and tidy fourstar resort situated in the North West province, a mere 17 km from Brits. Its lush lawns and vegetation, as well as the natural beauty of its surroundings, make it an excellent breakaway spot. The campsite boasts 80 standard stands, beautiful family ablution blocks, 20 exclusive stands with their own ablution facilities, and chalets. Everyone gets power points, taps (with drinkable water) and portable braais.
The campsites are sheltered by an abundance of shady trees or net shading. The ablutions are spotless and of a high standard, with 20 baths or showers and 22 toilets. The resort closes in June and July, but is open for day visitors during this time. Klein Paradys is one of those really family-friendly resorts. The campsites are paved, there are heated and unheated swimming pools, and the kids will really enjoy the playground, trampoline and supertube. The family can enjoy quality time together, canoeing, fishing and picnicking down at the river. The area has a good variety of birds to be ticked off, and for sportier folk there’s tennis courts, a ‘Garden of Eden’, chess and putt-putt. Two shops sell basic goods and there are laundry facilities too. Take note that no pets are allowed, and there are also no credit card facilities.
Within easy reach of the resort are Sun City (about 100 km) and Hartbeespoort Dam, with its snake park and zoo, just 30 minutes’ drive away. Are you a serious golfer? There’s a golf course within 30 km of your campsite. Plus you’ll find restaurants, a casino, bottle stores, a shopping centre, nature reserves, crocodile farms, animal parks, hiking routes and nature trails in the surrounding areas. Ina Vermeulen from Brits says that she and her husband love to camp at Klein Paradys. For them it’s only 17 km from home, so they try to visit the resort at least once every month.
It’s the perfect break for the family as well as for their children. ‘My husband loves bass fishing, while the kids love the supertube, the putt-putt course and the canoeing. The three dams have loads of fish that can be caught, and that fact that noone plays loud music makes it even more peaceful. It’s great to relax in the heated swimming pools, the grass is a beautiful lush green and the ablution blocks are perfect. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone to add to their bucket list. It’s good value for money and time well spent.’
• On the n1, take the N4 toll road to Rustenburg
• Pass two tollgates, take the Sandton / Brits Off-ramp
• Right at the T-junction
• Right at the last robot (Van Deventer Street).
• Drive 15 km, Klein Paradys is on your right resort Review
KLEIN PARADYS NORTH WEST
• On the N1 take the Hans Strydom off-ramp
• Turn north towards Lanseria Airport on the R512, drive past the airport
• After 15 minutes turn left at the T-junction to Pecanwood Golf Estate
• 3 km past Pecanwood turn right at the T-junction (over the bridge)
• Turn right at the next T-junction and over the Next 4-way stop (Engen garage on right)
• Turn left at the next T-junction, R511 to Brits
• Go over two more 4-way stops and two more robots
• Right at next robot (Van Deventer Street)
• Drive 15 km, Klein Paradys is on your right